Red velvet Mug Cake
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/6 teaspoon = A sprinkle of cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 sprinkles of chocolate chips
½ tablespoon distilled vinegar
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
***You can use Cream Cheese / White Chocolate Frosting – Your choice***
Cream Cheese Filling:
1. Cream 1/2 cup of butter, cream cheese and vanilla with an electric mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. You may need to use slightly more powdered sugar, frosting should stand on its own and not be runny in any way.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Frosting:
100 g white chocolate
140 g unsalted butter
70 g icing sugar
1.Melt the butter in a small dish. While it is still warm, mix the vanilla in together.
2. In the mug, mix together the sugar, flour, salt, and cocoa powder until well combined with a fork.
3. Pour in the melted butter & vanilla mixture and mix well.
4. Sprinkle some chocolate chips.
5. Put into the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until desired doneness is reached (all microwaves are different so you might have to experiment a little. I only do it for about 1 ½ minute).
6. Top it with Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Method to prep White Chocolate Frosting.
Step 1: Melt the White Chocolate
Break the chocolate into pieces and place it in a bain marie, a heatproof bowl on top of a pan with boiling water, to melt it gently. Stir the chocolate regularly.
Step 2: Mix the Sugar and Butter
Place the icing sugar and butter in an electric mixer. Blend on a slow speed, increase the speed and blend until the mixture is pale and light.
Step 3: Add the White Chocolate to the Mixture
When the chocolate has almost melted completely, take it off the heat and stir it to melt the final pieces. This will cool the mixture down a little, so it doesn’t melt the icing sugar and butter mixture. Keeping the electric mixer on a slow speed, add the white chocolate slowly, until the icing becomes thick.
Step 4: Pipe the Icing
To pipe the icing onto your cupcakes, use a disposable piping bag fitted with a star shaped or round shaped nozzle. Start piping in the middle of the cake and work outwards in a twisting motion to add height.