1. Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamed’s real name is Mahathir s/o Iskandar Kutty. He was born Mahathir s/o Iskandar Kutty and named Mahathir s/o Iskandar Kutty @Mahathir Mohamed.
2. Dr Mahathir was born on December 20, 1925, in Alor Star, the capital of the northern state of Kedah.
3. Dr Mahathir started life NOT as a Malay but a Malayali – (Mamak)the people of Kerala in south INDIA, where his father (Iskandar Kutty) came from.Kerala, India Homeland of Dr. Mahathir’s fore-fathers
4. His father (Iskandar Kutty) was a school teacher of Indian origin, specifically Malayalee (Mamak) (people who speak Malayalam, not to be confused with Malay)
5. His father (Iskandar Kutty) (a Mamak) migrated from the southern state of Kerala, India, while his mother (Wan Tampawan) a Kedah-born, was a Malay.
6. Despite being only half Malay and having acknowledged his Indian heritage, Dr Mahathir generally considers himself to be Malay, and is known for the use of fiery rhetoric designed to invoke feelings of Malay nationalism, i.e. the term Ketuanan Melayu, or “Malay Supremacy/Lordship.
7. At university in Singapore, Dr Mahathir was listed as an INDIAN.
8. Dr Mahathir had kept hidden his little secret – that he is an Indian Muslim (Mamak).
9. Dr Mahathir has been quick to promote himself as the embodiment of “Asian” identity and values, with diatribes against the west, usually couched in racial terms. Yet, despite his trumpeting of Asian identity, Dr Mahathir appears ASHAMED to admit his Indian heritage.